Saturday, August 22, 2009

A moment in the sun...

Well, the sun did come out for a moment last weekend (a whole 20 degrees celsius on Saturday!!).... what's a girl to do with weather like that? Dye up a storm of course! So out came the wool and dyes for a bit of a play around. I've had my eye on creating a colourway that was like my beautiful Morpho butterfly that I have sitting here staring at me.... think I came pretty close this time:
Morpho, 18 micron hand dyed merino (300gms available)
$26 per 100gms spun, $18 per 100gm dyed top
Here' s what else popped out of the dye pots...

Seahorse Whinsy, 18 micron hand dyed merino (300gms available)
$26 per 100gms spun, $18 per 100gm dyed top

Bubble Gum, 20 micron hand dyed merino (600gms available)
$24 per 100gms spun, $16 per 100gm dyed top

Super Freak, 18 micron hand dyed merino (gorn, baby, gorn!)


There's a whole lot more dyeing to be done yet, so you never know what will pop up on here over the next few weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment