Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Chinese Laundry...

Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish in a couple of days when you've built up a head of steam? I got it into my mind this weekend that I was going to do a big dye up. The problem is where do you hang all of that wool to dry? The front verandah is now chok-full of all sorts of colours.... and there's still more to go up!


Now for the fun bit..... naming them! I know I had a hydranga in mind when I was dyeing up one lot and I felt the need to do a few pastels this time. It's almost too many for my liking, so it's back to the brights - I already have a bright blue and bright red dye up cooling off in the lab/kitchen! The hard bit is waiting for them to cool right off so I can rinse the wool and see what colours I've got.

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely Jo. I am loving knitting my scarf in your yarn. Love Love Lovely

    ReplyDelete