Saturday, January 3, 2009

Whadya get for an 18 year old?

It's that time of year where we seem to be at endless family and friends barbeques. Everyone's on their best behaviour for the first half hour until Uncle Phil's 2nd beer kicks in! Meanwhile Aunty Judy's driving everyone batty fussing around the kids and anyone brave enough to be in the kitchen at the same time she is. Love 'em! Yep, I love those bloody bbq's, and all the annoying rellies that come with them. Tomorrow we're off to another one (that makes two this weekend!) that's also a belated 18th birthday party for a daughter of the hubster's workmate. What the hell do I get for her? It dawned on me at 8pm tonight that I have nothing and I know nothing about this girl.... so I reach for the knitting patterns and have managed to feverishly knit her up a Caliometry head warmer (good one Jo, it's summer, I'm sure she'll need a warm head!). It took me 2 hours and I'm pretty happy with the finished product. I used Kattwing's hand dyed alpaca yarn in eggplant and it looks great. I'll have to madly weave in the ends and sew on a button tomorrow morning.

Just had a horrible thought.... what if she has no idea what the hell it is and hates it?

Don't think about it Jo, go to bed and dream of finishing off all those crafty projects in one hit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment